Itchy skin is something like you cannot resist to scratch, especially if it is out of your reach. And it is something that the more you scratch, the more that your skin gets itches. Usually itchy skin could have a certain fair innocuous reason.
Basically, winter can cause to take certain toll, but not only that aging may also have an effect on it. As everyone gets older, hormone levels may change, and the skin will become thinner and drier. Thus, giving much care to our skin and the use of jock itch cream constantly could help lessen the effects.
In some other cases, itching can trigger any other undiagnosed medical problems that will need a doctor’s special attention. Most dermatologist usually says that, “the problem was then traced only to dry type of skin, thus, the reactions to such medications and any other underlying issues of conditions could lead to itching,” they says.
Itchiness is a symptoms that need an immediate action and must not be ignored, especially when it continues for a long time.
Drying of the skin is one of the most common problems for itchiness. Below are some reasons why moisture has been strip off from your skin, and here’s what you will do to it.
- Hot showers. Though steamy showers may temporarily give the skin its sooth feeling, it still ends up on getting a dry skin faster.
Tip: prefer your water to be lukewarm, instead of hot water.
- Inside and outside winter air. An instant dropping of temperature and so with humidity may leave the skin parched, and an indoor heating may strip the moisture of the skin even more.
Tip: use a certain modifier in your home, set it to fifty percent or even higher to help your skin bounce back.
- Using the wrong soap. There are some soaps that are harsher and could strip the natural moisture of your skin.
Tip: choose not only mild but a fragrance-free kind of soap that will moisturizes your skin as the soap cleanses your skin. Additionally, please carefully read labels before using your soap. check it here!
- Mediocre moisturizers. Choose wisely when using for skin moisturizer. Please avoid skin lotions that have fragrance, because it can make your skin dry.
Tip: choose a fragrance-free kind of lotions especially when it contains ceramide, a certain molecule that will traps the water in your skin restoring the kind of skin barriers.
- Using your towel too much. Vigorously toweling your skin after bathing can strip off your skin and may increase skin dryness.
Tip: pat dry your skin instead of rubbing it after taking a bath. get it from http://naplesherald.com/2017/01/22/weather-changes-humidity-winter-skin/
- Harsh detergents. Laundry detergents with fragrance and those fabric softeners of any kind as fragrance in your clothing can irritate more your dry skin.
Tip: Search for a free and a clear type of laundry products.
Generally, your itchiness could somehow improve for a weeks when you simply follow a simple steps for skin care. However, if the symptoms still persist over a long period, then it’s the time to consult for doctor.